Thursday, August 8, 2013

Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette Review + Swatches


Hello! Today I present the long awaited review of my Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette *phew*! I will go through each item/makeup included in the palette and provide swatches for you guys!

First off, I'd like to mention that this was my very first non-drugstore palette that I shelled out a bunch of cash for. I wanted one and after scouring Sephora for a couple of days and looking at Youtube videos and blog posts, I decided I would buy the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette because of how beautiful everything seemed and how much it included. I want to add that I didn't own any great eyeshadows or blushes before this and owned zero bronzers.

I purchased this on the Sephora website for $52.00 and got 4 free samples (1 from Ebates and 3 you can choose when looking at your cart). Friendly reminder, this palette is limited edition!

Tip: Click each photo to view them larger!

Packaging


The packaging is so pretty! Now, I've never owned any Too Faced makeup or even purchased anything at Sephora, so if it weren't for watching those videos before purchasing this I wouldn't have known (or realized, more like) that the packaging of this collaboration is Too Faced inspired (the pink, gold, and pale teal) and Sephora inspired (the stripes, which are on every Sephora shopping bag). It's pretty and sophisticated! Ignore the dents... it (sadly) came like that when I opened my package.


The packaging for the palette itself is the same as the box holding it! Pretty and sleek- not much else to say.

Extra


Included with the palette is a little sliding pamphlet (Glamour Guide) with 15 complete looks using the shadows, bronzers, and blush! There is a look for everything, really! Also, each look is named after a staff member that created it- cute! I've tried a couple of these looks and I really liked them!

The Palette


Here's a photo of the palette in all its glory! What's included:

  • 10 eyeshadows
  • 2 bronzers
  • 1 blush
  • 1 "Flatbuki" brush
  • Mini Shadow Insurance
Here's a link to how much you get of each product.

The Eye Shadows


Piano Keys - A slightly shimmery, white shadow. This color is perfect for a light base (it can be built up) or for highlighting. It's a nice color, although I do wish it were a bit more pigmented.

Behind the Counter - The perfect milk chocolate brown! This eye shadow is matte and opaque. This looks great on the crease paired with Piano Keys and another color of your choice.

So Cal - A peachy, shimmery, slightly salmon pink. I was really excited about this color, but it's kind of pigmented, although the color can be built up. It might just be how it interacts with my skin tone, so don't be too discouraged. This color is probably more vibrant if a white base is used under it.

SOHO - This color is slightly shimmery lilac. When I first tried this, I was a bit disappointed. I gave it another try, and it's not so bad. This and So Cal are my least favorite (please not that this does not mean I dislike them, they just aren't as AMAZING as the rest of the shadows).


T♥'s The Cast - The prettiest gold I ever did see! So pigmented and shimmery! This color can be used for so many looks- daytime, night time, summer, winter! You will not be disappointed with this eye shadow!

Envy - A dark purple with dark lavender shimmer. Envy is perfect for smoky looks and is very highly pigmented. This color goes very well with SOHO!


Jer Jer - Although it looks more orange in this photo, I assure you that Jer Jer is a more copper penny color (think of a new penny, when it's not all dark and dirty). It's very highly pigmented and has gold glitter. This is just as impressive as TF ♥'s The Cast!

David & Marg - This mermaid teal, shimmery shadow is very beautiful. It's not as pigmented as Jer Jer or Envy, but it is a beautiful color. This shadow has silver shimmer in it and is perfect for all seasons!

525 Market - I'm not really sure how to describe this eye shadow color-wise. I'd say it's kind of like a shimmery brick red with brown undertones. This shadow is highly pigmented and if you're the kind of person who doesn't like harsh colors, don't worry! When blended, this shadow looks gorgeous and not as intense!

1998 - Every shadow in existence can go home now. This is the prettiest, most '90s color in existance! It's the perfect pinkish purple color! It has the most beautiful gold shimmer scattered through it! The bad thing? None of my dumb clothes match this gorgeous color! I need to find a top that goes well with this color ASAP!

Swatches


Here is each color swatched on my arm. Keep in mind that due to lighting, some of the eye shadows look lighter or less pigmented than they actually are!

Bronzers & Blush


Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - This matte chocolate bronzer is very beautiful and smells sweet! I'm still not very good at applying bronzer, but I will say that this color isn't super intense so it's great for people with fairer skin colors, too!

Sun Bunny Bronzer - To be honest, I've only used this bronzer once. Be careful with this one, though, it's both shimmery and highly pigmented.

Who's Your Poppy? Blush - I feel pretty silly admitting this, but the first time I tried this peachy pink blush, I didn't realize it was a shimmer blush. I put my hands on my face and saw glitter on my fingers- but how? I then realized it was the blush on my cheeks. Just a word of caution for those who don't know or realize! This blush is very pigmented and has very noticeable gold shimmer, so be careful when applying this- a little goes a long way!


The Rest


Mini Flatbuki brush - Included in this palette is a mini "Flatbuki" brush. It's pretty awkward to use since it's not very stiff. I've used it to apply bronzer before and it was just OK. 

Mini Shadow Insurance - I honestly only used this one or twice and didn't really notice a difference. I didn't have a problem with creasing in the first place, so I don't think I will be using this in the future.

Overall

What do I rate this palette out of 10? 9/10! It's a great palette if you're looking for fun, different colors! This palette is perfect for almost every season (especially spring and summer!) and I can't recommend it enough if you're a makeup lover! This palette is limited edition and is sold out at most Sephora stores (it's still available online!) so act fast if you fell in love with this palette as much as I did!

Thanks for reading and make sure to comment!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment