Monday, January 14, 2013

Movie Reviews: Silver Linings Playbook, The Color Purple, and Django Unchained

I recently watched some new (some aren't brand new, but new to me) movies and I just wanted to review them very quickly to anyone who was thinking about watching these films- maybe I can curve your opinion to watch one or two?

Silver Linings Playbook

To be honest, I wasn't too sure if I would like this film. From the previews, I didn't really know what to expect. The only real thing that made me want to watch the film was Jennifer Lawrence and the fact that it was nominated for so many awards. Boy was I glad to have watched it! It's honestly one of my favorite films of the year and maybe all time (top 20). The acting was phenomenal (who knew Bradley Cooper was a good actor?) and the storyline was great.

©©©©© 5/5 stars

The Color Purple

I have been wanting to watch this film for a while now. It's a Spielberg classic. To be honest, I had no idea what it was about other than the fact that it took place in the early 20th century and had a predominantly African American cast. I had high expectations for this film and was dissappointed. Although the acting was great, the storyline was subpar. It was sad, but not sad enough to make me cry (which is big, since I cry for any little thing). I don't really have much to say about this film.

©©© 3/5 stars

Django Unchained

I love Quentin Tarantino. I've loved every film I've seen of his (well, Pulp Fiction was just OK) and I love Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio. Needless to say, I was excited to see this film. It DID NOT disappoint. I don't really like action films or films that have so much violence. The only bloody films I've really enjoyed are Quentin's because of how fake (this isn't the right word, but I can't think of any other word to describe it) the scenes are. It's like straight out of a cartoon/comic book. The film was fun and (at times) sad and hard to watch but all in all, it was amazing. If I could describe it in one word, it would be BADASS! Also, I loved that right after the credit that it was written, directed, etc. by Tarantino, he put that no horses were harmed in the making of the film. I loved seeing that because I'm a big emotional poop and I was scared that one of those poor animals were hurt during the film.

©©©©© 5/5 stars

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment